Friday, December 09, 2005

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells




On December 4th Matt and I took Nicholas to the family Christmas party at church. First we sang carols to elderly people that aren't able to attend church, we drove to their homes and stood in the front yard belting out the songs, Nicholas was the youngest one to carol. When we got back to the church for pizza and tree trimming Matt took Nicholas to the gym to 'play' basketball before the activities began. Matt started dribbling the ball. I was on the other side of the gym (it is sectioned off between the cafeteria and gym) and heard a giggling little boy. I thought, Surely that can't be Nicholas. I walked into the gym to find ONLY Matt and Nicholas. Nicholas was laughing so hard he got the hiccups. It was so funny! Every time Matt would bounce, shoot, or hold the ball so Nicholas could see it, he went into a giggling frenzy! I wonder if this means he will be a good basketball player, hummmm.
The ornament we put on the tree is Forsythia, Mary's angel. It is a Hallmark keepsake, in honor of Nicholas' first Christmas. I really like what the angel's gift-wrapped box represents...her wishes for peace on earth and hopes for a season of joy. What a great way to remember his first Christmas.

No comments: