Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Remember when


I can't help myself....I look at these pictures of Nicholas and just want to squeeze him. I wish I could go back to those early days and tell myself that he will get less cranky, that breastfeeding will get easier, and to stop and stare at him just a few more times. It has only been 5 months and already it seems like time has flown by. Nicholas has grown and looks like a completely different baby. When did that happen? Sometimes when he is sleeping I look down at him and see that precious newborn baby face and hold him just a little longer than I need to before putting him back in his bed. When he smiles at me my heart melts and I am wondering how I am ever going to be able to tell him "no" or watch someone break his heart. I'll just have to steal the quiet moments right now and hold him close and tight and not worry about how fast time will go...he will always be my precious baby boy.

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

It seems just like yesterday that they were that small, doesn't it? So sweet!