Unfortunately I don't have pictures to go along with these two stories, but they must be told.
Yesterday Matt and I took Nicholas to the beach. But not just any beach. It is a 'park' along the coast with a lighthouse and is dog friendly. We loaded up the crew and drove to the beach. Matt and I found this place not long after we moved to FL and LOVE it. It is an inlet and if you walk around the beach you eventually end up all alone. We set up the chairs and played in the waves with Nicholas. He loved it. I lathered him with spf 50, at 4pm. He had on swim trunks, a t-shirt and a big sun hat. He looked adorable and had a smile on his face every time he looked up. I can see (in my mind) Matt holding Nicholas' hands and walking in the water with him. It just makes me smile. In this spot you can watch boats sail by and we usually see dolphins about 10ft off shore. It is a little piece of heaven. Matt and I both sat there and wondered if it gets any better than this.......sitting together, with Nicholas sleeping in my arms, on the beach, with our dog.
I have been reading this book for what seems like forever. So when Nicholas goes down for his PM nap I try to read. Today was no exception. I was trying to finish up the chapter and he woke up. I brought him out on the patio with me in his exersaucer and kept reading....I had about 3 pages to go. I was reading and I couldn't help but notice he was quiet. I looked up and saw him holding two pages of a hard book on his exersaucer....looking very much like he was reading. I watched for a minute and he was studying those animals.......the same ones he has been looking at since October. He lasted almost a whole song (on the radio) and then his head got closer and closer to the page. He finally rested his head on the page. I was cracking up. I asked him if he was tired of reading he laughed and tensed his arms and legs. What a little character. I LOVE HIM!
No comments:
Post a Comment