Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas Eve (not as planned)

I had BIG plans to take our first family pictures before we went to the 5pm Christmas mass. Nicholas had other ideas. He didn't want to get dresses and then would not let Matt hold him for any kind of picture. I wanted to get something so I took the lovely picture below.

We arrived to church a full 50 mins early. Well in the Catholic Church you would need to get to the Christmas mass that early...apparently the Episcopals don't feel the need to appear so early. Natalie and I were the 3rd and 4th ones there for almost 25 mins! Father Steven told Nicholas to put his sweat on and he did, but he still didn't want to have a picture taken.
Matt and Nicholas spent most of the time across the street at a little park that has a fish pond. You can see how happy he was...he really had a hard time in church. All in all I guess God understands, I mean we were celebrating His son's birthday!

I was hoping that maybe we could take a picture when we got home, but Natalie threw up all over herself as soon as I got her in her car seat to head home. (right after communion) Give us credit, we were dressed, on-time and well I was in church for most of the service!

No comments: