Tuesday, June 27, 2006

29 and 11

June was a month of getting older. I turned 29, no big deal...just the last birthday in my twenties. I can remember when I couldn't wait to celebrate my birthday. Now it is no big deal....everything is about Nicholas and I am just fine with that!
Nicholas turned 11 months......next month he will be 1 year old.....now that I am having a hard time with. Where has the year gone? I remember last year at this time....thinking there was no WAY that I would make it until July 15th. He is such a little man. He is jabbering up a storm with all of the m,d,n sounds you can imagine. He is pulling up to everything and will walk (or maybe run) if you let him hold your finger. He learned how to go up and down steps at my parents house. He points at everything and smiles. He has started signing too. Just a few here and there (more, eat, milk) but he is getting it and that makes me happy.
We are still battling the feeding issues, but I have to remember that 1. he is a happy kid all day long 2. he is healthy...never sick with a cold (runny nose, cough, etc) 3. he is ALWAYS on the move and very curious 4. he is growing and gaining weight (not losing) maybe not as much as the Drs would like, but still gaining just the same. We are still going to specialists and trying new things....hopefully soon something will click and he will start opening that mouth for more than just a few bites! Happy 11 months to you PB, I love YOU!

No comments: